Scrum Master Service to the OrganizationThe Scrum Master serves the organization in several ways, including:
- Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Planning Scrum implementations within the organization;
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development;
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team; and,
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
In order for organisation to succeed in becoming truly adaptable and therefore successful it needs to be ready to accept that the way to do it is thru experimentation. Because organisational design is a complex adaptive problem in itself. It is a challenge that is unique for every organisation and it changes while we try to address it as there are so many contributing factors.
In other words path to adaptable, high performance organisation is running a series of experiments to verify hypothesis we make. Hypothesis that we believe will help us to achieve Strategic organisational Goals.
This is where Evidence Based Management becomes an invaluable instrument going hand in hand with Scrum framework.
Coming back to my role as Organisational Scrum Master, what I do is I help organisations to design experiments and execute on them. Guide this process with EBM and igniting people from all levels of organisation to join forces in rapid experimentation. Essentially using Scrum to discover path towards reaching Strategic organisation Goals supported by metrics structured by Evidence Based Management.